Teacher: Keith Tyner
· John 3:16 For God So Loved He gave
· 2 Corinthians 1:22 Sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.
· 1 John 3:1 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God
· James 1:17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father.
· 2 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God,
· 2 Peter 1:3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness
Preference to the Saints
· 1 Thes. 3:12 And may the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you
· 1 Thes. 4:9 Now as to the love of the brethren, you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.
· 1 Thes. 5:15 See to it that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.
· 1 Peter 1:22 Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart.
· 1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.
· Philemon 4, 5 I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints
Preference to the Poor
· Matt. 25:35, 36 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you visited me; I was in prison and you visited me…to the extent that you did to one of these brothers of Mine, you did it to Me!
· Proverbs 19:17 One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord; and He will repay him for his good deed.
· Proverbs 22:9 He who is generous will be blessed; for he gives some of his food to the poor.
· God loves the poor, Jesus called them His brothers.
· Proverbs 22:16 He who oppresses the poor to make [a]more for himself
Or who gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.
· Proverbs 22:22,23 Do not rob the poor because he is poor, Or crush the afflicted at the gate; For the Lord will plead their case and take the life of those who rob them.
· Proverbs 28:8 He who increases his wealth by interest and usury gathers it for him who is gracious to the poor.
God’s Currency is Love
· John 13:35 By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
· 1 Thes. 2:8 Having so fond an affection for you, we were well-pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God but also our own lives, because you had become very dear to us.
· 1 Thes. 2:19,20 For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming? For you are our glory and joy.
· 1 Timothy 1:5 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
What is your Ambition?
· 1 Thes. 4:11 make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands.
· 1 Timothy 2:2 Pray for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
· 1 Timothy 6:6-8 But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.