Speaker: Rusty Kennedy
- Can I get you to just unplug for a few minutes?
- Just shut it all down for a few minutes and be in this moment.
- This could be the most significant moment of your whole Christmas season.
Definition of Love –
- God love
- Marriage love
- Sexual love
- Parental/Child love
- Friendship love
- Subject love
- Enemy love
- Strong affection for another arising
- Affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests
- Warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion
- To hold dear, cherish
- To like or desire actively: take pleasure in
- To thrive in
- Unselfish, loyal, and benevolent intention and commitment toward another.
Resources – Gas consumption yeehaw… oil prices down.
The source of love – God
I John 4:13-19
- How is love perfected?
- It is the maturing in your mind that you are deeply loved yourself.
- When you grasp the fact that you are deeply loved it becomes natural for you to love back because you are a new creation.
- Love is not based upon doing.
- It is based upon knowing.
- I know God loved me first… then He sent His Son.
- God sending His Son was the byproduct of His love for me.
- If I asked most anyone out here, “How do you know your mate, your friend, your family loves you?” You would answer by telling me what they do/have done for you.
- What if I say, “I just know! I believe they do.”
- Why do I have to come up with a list of things they have done?
- I could also come up with a list of things they haven’t done.
What if true love is just the fact that you know you are loved?
- A) The Bible tells me God is love.
- B) The Bible tells me the same Spirit lives in me.
- If A & B are true then I am capable of loving as God loves.
I Peter 4:8
 Mish, F. C. (2003). Preface. Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary. (Eleventh ed.). Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster, Inc.
 Lanier, D. (2003). Love. In C. Brand, C. Draper, A. England, S. Bond, E. R. Clendenen, & T. C. Butler (Eds.), Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary (p. 1054). Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers.